The NSW Utilities & Electrotechnology Industry Training Advisory Body (ITAB) is an autonomous, industry-based peak body that works with all stakeholders to ensure a viable workforce through workforce planning, workforce development and skilling opportunities in the utilities and electrotechnology industries.
We have a contractual relationship with the NSW Department Industry Training Services NSW to provide an independent voice on skill needs, training and workforce development issues for the industries we represent.
We have a bi-partite board of directors with a mix of employer, peak industry and union representation that is drawn from our various industry sectors to maintain our industry relevance and oversee the governance requirements of the ITAB.
The ITAB provides advice to NSW Government & our Industry on VET matters in NSW related to the utilities and electrotechnology industry. We also provide advice on the establishment of Apprenticeships & Traineeships in NSW and the development of Vocational Training Orders (VTOs) following consultations with our industry. The ITAB works closely with Training Package Developers to ensure Training Packages meet NSW industry needs.
To educate, influence and advise our stakeholders; comprised of industry (Utilities and Electrotechnology) and related government, regulatory bodies and training organisations of the initiatives and opportunities that can be used to contribute towards developing a competent, skilled and capable workforce in our industry.
How we contribute
– Provide access to, and advice on, resources about careers; career pathway opportunities; emerging skills areas; emerging technologies impacting on skills development; new occupational and job roles; and researched information on current industry, labour market, and vocational education and training (VET) issues and arrangements:
– Provide information about our Training Packages, qualifications, units of competency, training and assessment, and industry requirements in our sectors:
– Facilitate and connect individuals and associated stakeholders to a range of industry contacts with specialised knowledge, expertise and/or experience to assist them in their specific enquiries:
– Assist government with the development of the Commissioner’s Information Bulletin (CIB) and Vocational Training Orders (VTOs) for respective apprenticeships and traineeships (including School Based Apprenticeships and Traineeships – SBATs) and development and release of the “NSW Skills List” for Smart and Skilled funding allocations: and
– Assist with an array of enquiries including policy development advice about vocational education and training (VET) matters related to our industry.